Thursday, May 29, 2008

Right-wingers trash Scott McClellan

I listened to a few minutes each of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Laura Ingraham to hear their takes on Scott McClellan's upcoming book. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was anyway. They all had the same take.

Scott McClellan has no credibility. He was disgruntled. Why didn't he quit sooner if he disagreed so much with what the White House was doing.

Did any of them look at what McClellan is actually saying? Not that I heard. Did any of them address his assertion that the White House is in constant campaign mode, and that Washington in general operates that way, and how that's bad for America? Nope.

Do I think McClellan is the epitome of credibility? No. Of all of Bush's press secretaries, he was the worst at it. He's going to write his book to make himself look good, even though he says he's harder on himself than anyone else. I do find it weird he's only going to NBC (Today Show, Meet the Press) to do his interviews. And why would he give a cable exclusive to MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, the most vociferous anti-Bush host on all of cable news? Maybe because he'll give him the least amount of grief? I guess we'll see tonight.

No comments: