Friday, May 25, 2012

Calling Orrin Hatch's Office

I did my part, called up Orrin Hatch's office and asked for a debate. I was told it had never really been part of his plan and that they had more constituents calling them asking him not to debate than to debate, said Hatch constituents say Liljenquist supporters are bullies ("not us saying that, it's constituents") but he shouldn't give in if it's something he doesn't want to do.

I said that was like Goliath calling David a bully.

"Does he think he would lose a TV debate? Does he think he would win?"

"That's just not part of his campaign or what he had planned." "Why change it just because someone else says 'I want you to'?"

"So him saying he doesn't have time, that was never really the plan..."

"That's one of many, many reasons that has been said..." and then she said something about twisting any soundbite to make it the truth. "It's part of the game."

He'd rather meet the people one on one, he's gone to several Q&A events and he'll do more. I asked about his calendar, since his website doesn't mention any events. She said they hope to get that up Tuesday. Whoever I spoke to was very nice, though it sounded like the end of a long day for her.

For those who don't want them to debate, I would say this, "Then don't watch."

No comments: