Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Morning After - Cable News Watch

CNN - I liked John King and Wolf Blitzer guiding us through. I liked the panel of about eight people throwing out their analysis. Yes, some of it was bound to be wrong - last night was not a referendum on Obama's communication problem, for instance - but I appreciated the variety.

Fox News - They had more Republicans than Democrats as guests, but they kept it fairly balanced. Joe Trippi and Juan Williams were there to rain on parades and praise the Democrats that kept their seats. I changed the channel whenever Mike Huckabee or Karl Rove spoke... They had the smoothest tally displays.

MSNBC - Pretty much embarrassing. Since Keith Olbermann was chief anchor, no moderates or conservatives were allowed within 100 yards. I suspect Chuck Todd's a moderate, but as long as he keeps his opinions to himself, he's allowed in Keith's presense. I like Chris Matthews enough, but Keith's a caricature at this point, and Rachel Maddow came off as his mean-girl flunkie. Lawrence O'Donnell looked like he wished he had Peggy Noonan to bounce opinions off of.

I miss Tim Russert.

No comments: