Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ranking the Presidents #41-43


WILLIAM H. HARRISON (W) - 1841
JAMES A. GARFIELD (R) - 1881
BARACK OBAMA (D) - 2009-Present

Barack Obama has been President for two years, and while Ben Quayle may say he's the worst President in history, I say it's far too soon to judge. Whether he serves four years or eight, let the man finish his job before we try to evaluate where he'll rank in history.

He is the 44th president, but since Grover Cleveland had his two terms broken up, there have really been 43 presidents. Over the next few days or weeks, I plan to give my opinion of where our US presidents rank. I'm going by how they did in the times they served under the circumstances they had.

But I'm only ranking 40 of them. Obama's incomplete, and #9 William H. Harrison and #20 James A. Garfield each served less than a year. Harrison died from pneumonia a few weeks into his term, and Garfield died by an assassin's bullet. Were I to judge them at all, it'd be by their Vice-Presidential picks, and that would certainly put one ahead of the other.

No comments: